.tod is an informal name of tapeless video format that is used only by high-definition camcorder range of JVC camcorder (I.E JVC Everio). The JVC is such a camcorder that can use both the MPEG-2 and AVCHD format, while iMovie won't work natively with AVCHD video and MPEG-2 files produced by these cameras. The propertied format also put many other video editing programs like adobe premiere pro 1.5, Finalcut Pro, Windows movie maker(windows) in a embarassed situation for their incapability to understand it.
There are ways to import the .Tod into your Mac, but you must convert them to another format (DV or MPEG-4, for example) to work with them in iMovie. When importing these AVCHD files into iMovie or Final Cut Express, they are converted to the Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC).These AIC files consume a lot of storage space on your Mac, and editing them requires a fair amount of processing power, you need an Intel-based Core Duo processor or better.
The simpliest way is to convert .Tod to another file format other than AIC, and you may be able to work with that converted file on a PowerPC Mac or a slower Intel Mac. Tod Converter for Mac is the right program you need. It enables you convert .tod to other common formats like avi,mpg,mp4,mov that denefinitly supported by iMovie and FCP. Tod converter for Mac use least time and give out highoutput video quality. you can also extract audio from .Tod and take snapshots at will.
- Convert between almost all popular video formats: Importable video formats: Tod, MPG, Mod, MP4, MKV, VOB, 3G2, 3GP, MOV exportable video formats: AVI, MPG, WMV, MP4, FLV, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, DV, MKV.
- Extract soundtrack from video & convert between audio files mportabe audio formats: MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC,M4A, AC3, MP2 exportable audio formats: mka, mp3, wav, m4a, aac, ac3 ,aiff, amr ,flac, wma ,mp2.
- Take snapshots and store them in different image formats: jpg, bmp, png.
- Make video for various media players: iMovie, ITunes, QuickTime, FinalCut Pro, iPod, iPhone, iPhone 3G, Apple TV, PSP, BlackBerry, Creative Zen, iriver, Zune etc.
- Video Cropping Cut out unwanted part in the frame like subtitle, black sides in the frame. Solutions for output aspect ratio :Original, full screen, 16:9 and 4:3.
- Trimming define the segments of the video that need to be converted.
- Effect and special effects: to get your personalized output video effect, there are several buttons for you to freely play with. Set the video brightness, contrast, saturation output the movie as Gray, old film, embossy see the movie in a horizontal or vertical way.
- Processor: PowerPC® G5 or Intel® processor
- OS Supported: Mac OS X v10.5
- Hardware Requirements: 512MB RAM, Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher